Spring play set to debut

Aubrey Villarreal, Features Writer

This year’s spring play is much different from past BSHS productions. “Almost, Maine,” written by John Cariani and directed by English teacher Timothy Hoffman, will debut on Thursday, March 5, at 6:30 p.m. in the auditorium.

The work tells nine different stories of characters living in a small town in Maine called Almost. Each scene happens at the same moment as the other, though they will be seen sequentially. 

At first, you may think you’re seeing doubles in the play. Well, that’s because you are. Each character in the play, aside from Pete (senior Tyler Sole) and Ginette (freshman Eve Thomas), appears just once.

This means that the person playing one role will also play a role of a different character. For example, senior Chandler Crane plays two characters: East and Dave. 

“To me, the hardest part of playing two characters in a play is giving each of them character and personality. It can also sometimes be difficult to differentiate between the two,” Chandler said.  

Because of this, the number of people accepted into the cast roles was a lot smaller than normal productions. This also meant that it was a lot harder to get a role in this play than in the normal plays.  

According to Hoffman, the production is filled with comedy.

“I think the audience is going to have a hard time choosing between the comedic scenes. We have a lot of really good comedic action in the play,” Hoffman said.

The show will also be playing on Friday, March 6, and Saturday, March 7.