Lady Braves Off to a Sizzling Start

Back to Article
Back to Article

Lady Braves Off to a Sizzling Start

Sophomore Lexi Moeschler and Junior Nikki Ledbetter await the serve while competing against Ottawa on Sept. 17.

Melody Ellis, Staff Writer

The varsity volleyball team has had a phenomenal start to the season with a record of 10-3. So far, the Lady Braves are undefeated in the Frontier League and are continuing to fight for that spot. 

“We are finally at a point where we have the right combination of experience and athleticism, so it’s a really exciting season for us,” head coach Jan Madlock said. “We’ve gotten off to the best start in my entire career here at BSHS.”

On Tuesday, Sept. 17, the Braves had defeated the Ottawa Cyclones in three straight sets. Junior Keyana Cruse led the team with 17 kills while senior Kim Whetstone had three blocks. 

“Personally, I thought that I performed really well and I was at my peak of performing,” Cruse said. “I was just a good player and a leader.” 

While Cruse is excited about the upcoming competition, she is most anxious to play the Spring Hill Raiders on Sept. 30. 

“We want to beat Spring Hill because they’re our biggest competitor,” Cruse said.