JV Baseball Splits Doubleheader Against Eudora

Zack Reno, Sports Writer

On March 29th, 2021 the Junior Varsity baseball team played the Eudora Cardinals in a doubleheader. The games were competitive and went well for both teams.

In the first game, the Braves had good momentum by getting their bats and pitching going. Sophomore Shayne Pier went 6 for 8 at the plate and played the field well for the Braves defense. This led to an 8-2 win for the Braves.

The Eudora Cardinals tried to fight as hard as they could but couldn’t pull through in the end. They couldn’t get their bats or defense going.

In the second game, the Cardinals turned things around and got hot. They put up two runs in the first two innings and then the Braves put up a two to get the game tied.

The Braves defense had some downfalls from behind the plate with past balls and wild pitches. Sophomore Zach Brown went 1-3 with a key at-bat for the Braves. His hit up the baseline for an RBI put the Braves ahead. Zach couldn’t do it all by himself and the Braves ended up falling short to the Cardinals 5-4.

The Braves fought hard the whole game. They had momentum at the beginning and it started to fall off and they just didn’t get things done the way they wanted to.

The Braves and Cardinals both walked away with one win and the Braves go to 1-1 to begin the season.