Breaking News
The School News Site of Bonner Springs High School

The Pow Wow

The Pow Wow

The Pow Wow

HOUSTON, TEXAS - JANUARY 8: Head coach Jim Harbaugh of the Michigan Wolverines celebrates after defeating the Washington Huskies 34-13 in the 2024 CFP National Championship game at NRG Stadium on January 8, 2024 in Houston, Texas. (Photo by Jamie Schwaberow/Getty Images)
NCAA 25 Football Video Game: Will it be worthwhile?
Madden Rausch, Staff Writer • February 26, 2024

For the first time since 2014, EA Sports is releasing a college sports video game. They have not been able to due to NCAA rules, where players...

Photo Credit: The Infinite Taylorverse Podcast
Part-Time Podcaster
Lyra Thompson, Staff Writer • February 26, 2024

Do you have a passion that you and your friends could talk about for hours? Would you love to make money from talking about your interests? That’s...

(Johnny Got His Gun poster)
Johnny Got His Gun (1971): A Dark Horror Classic With a Cult Following
Charlotte Dykes, Staff Writer • February 26, 2024

(Content warning for topics such as war, fates worse than death, and severe injury. This review does not contain ending spoilers.)  Albeit...

Pre Season Spring Sports!
Pre Season Spring Sports!
Isaac Gomez, Staff Writer • February 26, 2024

Track Starting with arguably the most popular spring sport in Bonner Springs, we have track and field. Athletes are training with Coach Mays...

Market Day Recap

Once again, this past Thursday was another successful year of Market Day! Lines of students and staff were formed around all tables waiting to get the business owners food and snacks. 

Nacho Business, which sold nachos, was run by Abby and Alysandra. The group brought home $519. The girls said it was “amazing, even better than expected”.

Aqua’s Frescitas, which sold horchatas and lemonade, was run by Davis and Xavier. The group brought home $166.

Dainan Whetstone

Taco Amigas, which sold street tacos, was run by Cadence, Jordyn, and Jocelyn. The group brought in the highest revenue, taking home $572. “It was very successful, we broke the record for highest revenue”, said Jocelyn.

Dum Dums, which sold Dum Dum suckers, was run by Jacob, Adrian, and Christian. The group brought home $84.

A N D’s, which sold soda, was run by Devon. The group brought home $97.

Finally, 2 Man Scoops, which sold ice cream, was run by Dominic and Nate. The group brought home $166.

When asked how Market Day went this year, Mr. Dow said, “This has been the most successful Market Day that we have had, when referring to return investment. Everything went very smoothly, it was positive overall.” Thank you to Mr. Dow Applied Marking class who made this an exciting event for the students!