Breaking News
The School News Site of Bonner Springs High School

The Pow Wow

The Pow Wow

The Pow Wow

HOUSTON, TEXAS - JANUARY 8: Head coach Jim Harbaugh of the Michigan Wolverines celebrates after defeating the Washington Huskies 34-13 in the 2024 CFP National Championship game at NRG Stadium on January 8, 2024 in Houston, Texas. (Photo by Jamie Schwaberow/Getty Images)
NCAA 25 Football Video Game: Will it be worthwhile?
Madden Rausch, Staff Writer • February 26, 2024

For the first time since 2014, EA Sports is releasing a college sports video game. They have not been able to due to NCAA rules, where players...

Photo Credit: The Infinite Taylorverse Podcast
Part-Time Podcaster
Lyra Thompson, Staff Writer • February 26, 2024

Do you have a passion that you and your friends could talk about for hours? Would you love to make money from talking about your interests? That’s...

(Johnny Got His Gun poster)
Johnny Got His Gun (1971): A Dark Horror Classic With a Cult Following
Charlotte Dykes, Staff Writer • February 26, 2024

(Content warning for topics such as war, fates worse than death, and severe injury. This review does not contain ending spoilers.)  Albeit...

Pre Season Spring Sports!
Pre Season Spring Sports!
Isaac Gomez, Staff Writer • February 26, 2024

Track Starting with arguably the most popular spring sport in Bonner Springs, we have track and field. Athletes are training with Coach Mays...

2023 World Series Preview

Tasos+Katopodis%2FUPI%0A%0A
Tasos Katopodis/UPI

The intrigue, the crack of the bat, the roar of the crowd, and the feeling of postseason baseball is one that is memorable. And this year is no exception, from upsets to complete chaos ball happening. Both of these teams have worked hard and are nearing the finish line. Will the curse for the Texas Rangers finally be broken? Or will the Arizona Diamondbacks get the best of them continuing the cycle? It will be an intriguing matchup, here is a breakdown of the teams.

Texas Rangers:

At the start of the year, no one expected them to be here, not even making it to the playoffs some people thought. The Texas Rangers who struggled at the end and just barely made the postseason steamrolled past the Rays and Orioles and beat the reigning champion Houston Astros. This postseason has been a grind, but this team has one true strength. Power hitting, it’s been this team’s ride or die all season and it’s somewhat still here. They have elite hitters like Josh Jung, Corey Seager, and Marcus Semien. While other guys like Mitch Garver are coming in clutch at the plate. They have one weakness, pitching. They are very hot and cold, and we don’t know which Rangers we’ll get. But against the Diamondbacks, they need to play a full 9-inning game.

Arizona Diamondbacks:

From 5-40 and 110 loss season two years ago to making the World Series is very intriguing. And it wasn’t like they were a superteam made overnight, they were very shaky during the season. One moment they were very good, the next, not so much. They are the chaos team in the World Series, a team running on momentum and just having fun messing things up for everyone else. Upsetting the Brewers and Dodgers and going into Philadelphia and beating them at home mind you. There’s no superstar on this team, there’s no true strength, they are just good. All they need is for pitching to be on their A-game, if that doesn’t happen it’ll be a long series for them.

Prediction Time:

This World Series is the most interesting one since 2015 with the Royals and Mets. No true big market teams but teams that are very competitive. I will definitely watch because of Corbin Caroll on Arizona’s roster. My prediction is that I’ll go with the underdog Arizona Diamondbacks in seven games. This series will be a grind, just like the postseason is as a whole. Let’s see what happens next, play ball!